I am a session guitarist working mainly in London, Essex and the South East of the UK. I have worked professionally since 2007 and my guitar parts appear on many recordings worldwide. In 2013 I recorded many of the guitars for Bibi Zhou’s Unlock album (Best Worldwide Artist at the 2014 MTV Europe Music Awards).
In 2015 I appeared alongside Brent Mason on a full length album by Estonian rockers Revolver. In 2018 I joined the award-winning Tim Manford on guitars for UK AOR act Dante Fox. We are playing a number of festival shows culminating in Hard Rock Hell VIII before commencing work on the band’s seventh album.
Here is a selection of releases featuring my playing.
“I’ve worked with Don for a few years now and he is truly an incredible guitarist and singer. His attention to detail is second to none in all areas of his work. A true professional who has all the attributes you need from a pro musician. A great attitude, reliable with an amazing talent, top quality equipment and most of all a great guy to hang with! I would recommend Don for any project, album, tour or gig.”Scott Higham – Professional Drummer/Singer
I can work with you in person, or I can provide studio-quality guitar tracks remotely. Please get in touch using the contact form to discuss!
“Man I’m feeling good right now listening to your work. It’s the kind of stuff I was never allowed to play!”Martin Saaremagi, Revolver online session
I’ve been lucky enough to have my thoughts published by some excellent guitar magazines/blogs recently. Check them out!
How To Build The Ultimate Tube Amp Rig For Sessions, Covers And Functions
How To Choose The Right Guitar Pickups For You
How To Record Studio-Quality Electric Guitar Tracks At Home
8 Of The Best Single-Channel Guitar Amps For Pedals
10 Of The Best Value Used Amp Heads
My reviews of high-end gear, especially boutique amps, seem to be gaining a following! Here they are, all in one place.
- REVIEW – BOGNER HELIOS ECLIPSEAn in-depth owner's review of the Bogner Helios Eclipse head
- REVIEW – BOGNER ECSTASY 20TH ANNIVERSARYAn in-depth owner's review of the Bogner Ecstasy 20th Anniversary head
- REVIEW – BOGNER ATMA 18W COMBOAn in-depth owner's review of the Bogner Atma 18W Combo
- REVIEW – MESA/Boogie JP-2CAn in-depth owner's review of the MESA/Boogie JP-2C
- REVIEW – MESA/Boogie Dual Rectifier RoadsterAn in-depth owner's review of the MESA/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
- REVIEW – MESA/BOOGIE Triple Rectifier 150w headAn in-depth owner's review of the MESA/Boogie Triple Rectifier head
- REVIEW – MESA/BOOGIE MARK V 90W HEADAn in-depth owner's review of the MESA/Boogie Mark V 90W head.
- REVIEW – SUHR MODERN PRO HHAn in-depth owner's review of the Suhr Modern Pro HH
- REVIEW – CORNFORD MK 50HAn in-depth owner's review of the Cornford MK 50H
- REVIEW – SOLDANO HOT ROD 100 PLUSAn in-depth owner's review of the Soldano Hot Rod 100 Plus head
- REVIEW – BOGNER ECSTASY 101B HEADAn in-depth owner's review of the Bogner Ecstasy 101B head.
- REVIEW – CORNFORD ROADHOUSE 30 COMBOAn in-depth owner's review of the Cornford Roadhouse 30 Combo
- REVIEW – CORNFORD MK 50H IIAn in-depth owner's review of the Cornford MK 50H II head
- REVIEW – MARSHALL JVM410HJS JOE SATRIANI SIGNATURE HEADAn in-depth owner's review of the Marshall JVM410HJS Joe Satriani signature head
- REVIEW – MARSHALL JCM 900 SL-XAn in-depth owner's review of the Marshall JCM900 2500 SL-X head
- REVIEW – EVH 5150 III 100w HEADAn in-depth owner's review of the EVH 5150 III 100w head
- REVIEW – BOGNER ECSTASY BLUE PEDALAn in-depth owner's review of the Bogner Ecstasy Blue pedal
Here is the stuff I like to use for gigs and sessions!
“You nailed the direction I definitely wanted to head towards with my brief”Adam Diaz – 8Bit Orbit Records
Sounds SUPER good. I’m going to redo my stuff for sure now. That’s what I mean – your playing is really inspiring and gives the songs a totally new level which pushes me just to the right direction.
Really cool sound and superb playing.Martin Saaremagi – Revolver online session